- Mahesh Gas Limited (MaGL) has been awarded the license for City Gas Distribution in Pune district (excluding areas already authorized) by Petroleum & Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB) in 2015. MaGL is committed to providing uninterrupted natural gas supply to the households, commercial establishments, and industrial units in the licensed area of approx. 15000 sq. km.
- MaGL would supply PNG and CNG under the brand name of Pune Natural Gas.
- Pune Natural Gas would also be setting up Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) stations across the allocated Geographical Areas. Pune Natural Gas has already operationalized 13 CNG stations, which are serving a regular stream of transit CNG vehicles.
- There are 13 Charge Areas allocated to MaGL including major areas like Wagholi, Shikrapur, Shirur, Rajgurunagar, Lonavala, Baramati.
- Major Industrial Areas situated at Talegaon MIDC Phase-II, Khed City, Ranjangaon MIDC, Sanaswadi, Kurkumbh, Baramati MIDC are also part of the geographical area to be served by Pune Natural Gas.
- All the major National Highways and State Highways connecting the district with nearby districts like Nashik, Mumbai, Satara, Solapur, Ahmednagar, etc. possess very high latent demand for CNG outlets at appropriate locations.